Is the Glass Half Full or Half Empty???

It really depends on what country you live in, so I've learned. In the U.S.A my closet looks pretty empty. Here in Thailand it looks pretty full to the average Thai. I have 3 pairs of decent shoes, 2 pairs of of shredded shoes, and for the average American woman, that is pretty much "half-empty" yet, as you are already anticipating, here in Thailand, it is plenty for most.
When the average American walks in our house, they might think, "Boy, I'm glad my house doesn't look like that!" Yet, to the average Thai, it is a house to inspire at least a little envy. (We now have tiled floors instead of grey cement, and our house is really cute.)
There are always exceptions to the rule, of course. There are also incredibly wealthy Thais, and incredibly poor Americans.
As the years go by and people ask me to describe anything, I have to think first, from what viewpoint shall I explain it??? And, of course, what is it that they really want to know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee