Our Dog Survives A Cobra Bite

It was in the rocks and bushes next to our porch, and Froot Loop, our dog, found it first. This time I wasn't afraid, just mad that we had this problem again. I grabbed a stick and tried to whack it dead, but it was too little and too fast. I saw Froot Loop grab it in his mouth and shake it ferociously trying to kill it. (As ferocious as a little white poodle can be, I guess.)
After it got away Froot Loop immediately started vomiting violently, then soon after, collapsed, then started losing control of his bowels. Poppy was beside herself, holding him as I tried to find the snake. We all thought for sure he was going to die.
That night he was still vomiting and we put him on a rug in the bathroom.
In the morning I went downstairs expecting he would be dead. Instead, he was up and wagging his tail, as if nothing had happened! We were so happy and amazed. Our little cobra-fighter survived! The amount of venom that a cobra injects varies greatly, and there is even a "dry" bite that has no venom. Our dog obviously got venom in the bite, but not enough to be lethal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee