Rachel Ivy Poppy





Here is Poppy, at Thai church, she looks like she feels a bit sleepy.
Her Thai nickname is "Meew" or "Cat" in English. She used to be a cat-lover, so our friend named her Cat. These days she is a horse-lover, but her old name has stuck.
Poppy loves to dress up as an elf, or a fairy. (She is so skinny and tall, she looks like an elf!) She loves to draw, especially horses. She asks me, "Do I have a little gift in art, mommy?" I tell her I think she does. She is bright, a perfectionist, and spends most of her time in an imaginary world of her own making. Her dream is to be a science teacher, riding on a horse, taking students on bug-collecting trips. She is good at chess, grammar (oddly enough,) and is starting to read and write in Thai. She loves to read. She doesn't like to write, though, to my surprise. Maybe that will change once she learns to type. She is a terrible speller, we laugh together a lot over her funny spelling when I read her creative writing assignments. She is quite a talker. We have to remind her to eat her food, over and over again, at the dinner table. She would rather talk than eat, I think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee