Less than 3 weeks to go...


And one more trip, this time to San Diego.
The kids don't know it yet but a friend is planning to take them to Disneyland, what a treat for them!
This Saturday we're having a garage sale, so all week we have been busy cleaning, organizing, pricing, and getting ready for the big selling bonanza. I don't know who has more junk to sell, my parents or us.
Friday we will celebrate Jasper's 7th birthday early. We'll be in San Diego on the big day, so we'll have our cake and presents a few days before. The theme is G.I. JOE. We tried to tease him that he was just going to get socks and underwear, but he didn't believe us.
We'll have lunch as a family, including the grandmas and grandpa, and then we'll go home for cake and presents. Someday I hope we can have a real American birthday party with lots of friends. It's one of those things I hope they don't feel cheated about later. On the other hand, they never had to feel stressed that their party was going to be a flop, or that someone will be mean to them. I am realizing more and more that they are growing up quickly and they are definitely cross-cultural kids. When they were littler I didn't see that as much, but as they are growing, especially Poppy, I see big differences between her and other girls her age when we are here in America.
We are starting to organize our stuff to go back to Thailand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee