This summer's books

Every time I come home I gorge myself on books from the library or books from friends. This year I read less because I became temporarily addicted to my daughter's Nancy Drew computer games. (Fun, very fun.) I noticed that Poppy, too, is becoming a bookworm (& Nancy Drew computer game fan. At least it's a thinking game, she is actually learning something, instead of blowing things up.)

However, I still read some good books:

My very favorites of the Summer:
"Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell (Thank you Les & Pricilla for lending me the book.)
"The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell (Thank you Wendi)
"The No.1 Ladies' Dectective Agency" series by Alexander McCall Smith
"Long Wandering Prayer" by David Hansen (Thank you, Dave & Irene)

Others:
All of the "Left Behind" series except the latest (Thank you Bear Creek Church, for lending me books.)
Sonlight Homeschool Curriculum Core 4 books for Poppy's homeschooling. (What great books, for any age!)
Various and sundry dectective novels. (The library is a worthy institution!)

So that was fun. In Thailand it will be back to books on weightier subjects. Interesting, but not nearly as fun! (At least not until Poppy's Core 5 books come in.)
I also learned how to play Su Doku at Dave & Irene's house. (I finally bought my own book, dear friends, I got tired of scrounging the paper!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee