Everyone Evacuated to the Hills

We recieved phone calls from friends to warn us about the earthquake off Indonesia, to evacuate to the hills. All up and down the coast from the province of Ranong, Phang Nga, to Phuket, people evacuated to the hills to escape another possible tsunami. We are in Chiang Mai, several hundred kilometers north, so we didn't flee. I talked to my friend Gee and she said it was raining and everyone was soaked. For many, this will open up deep wounds from nearly 3 years ago, reliving the nightmare they lived through, and remembering the loved ones they lost. No tsunami came that night, and eventually they went home in safety. I wish we had been there, to pray with them & comfort them. A friend called today to say everything was fine but now everyone is sick from being in the rain for hours without shelter.

Comments

Erin said…
Hey you guys, I just moved to Virginia to start my Air Force job an am almost settled. I will send you an email soon and catch up, sorry I've been so out of touch. I spent the summer training in Texas. I can't wait to read your blog and send some emails! I want to come visit you, maybe we can email about it? Love you and lotsa prayers,
Erin
Oceanicthai said…
Great to hear from you, Erin! We'd love to have you come for a visit!

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee