Kennedy in Hospital

Tonight will be his 3rd night in the hospital, the doctors are still trying to find out what's wrong with him. He got the chills and high fever Sunday evening, and it turned into a severe frontal headache. Monday he started vomiting violently so I packed up a little bag, left the kids with our Thai partners and took him to the emergency room. They admitted him, put him on an I.V. and started blood tests. He's been tested for Dengue Fever, Malaria, and right now we are waiting for the test results for Typhoid. I am staying with him at all times (required by the hospital) except for a few hours a day when I can come home, check on the kids, get a cup of good coffee, and get ready to teach Kennedy's adult English class. Our Thai partners cover for me when I'm not at the hospital, and they have been staying with the kids during the days and nights here at the house. I am so thankful for their help and love. I feel kind of tired and discouraged right now. I'll be so relieved when we know what's wrong with him, and so glad to get him home. I think it's going to be at least another night or 2, best scenario at this point.
We spend FAR too much time in the hospital.

Comments

So sorry to hear about Kennedy. We will be praying for him. As a wife who has multiple times tried to care for a husband in the hospital and find people to take care of the kids, I am going to be sending up lots of prayers on your behalf. It is so stressful! Praise God for preparing in advance some people to help you. Take care of yourself and let us know how you all are doing.
Anonymous said…
I just caught this, hope he is pulling through. I'll be sending good thoughts his way...

R
Oceanicthai said…
Thanks so much for your encouraging comment. Kennedy is okay now, and what he had is still a mystery.

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee