Saying Goodbye

Monday Kennedy went to his mom's house to visit her and meet with her nurse, Chad. Chad let the family know that it looks like days before Rosie passes away. It was quite a shock for all of us, we had expected another 2 months, or at least several weeks. So everyone is on high alert and we are preparing to say goodbye. Yesterday I was able to communicate what a wonderful mother-in-law she has been for me, as well as such a special friend, and how much I love her. I talked about the special times we've had as a family and especially with Poppy & Jasper. Rosie was with me when I gave birth to Poppy and helped convince me to go ahead and give her the name "Poppy." It was wonderful to have her all these years, she has been a gift and brought a lot of happiness & laughter into my life. It is difficult to let her go.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I too have ben blessed with a wonderful mother-in-law. Praise God for these lovely ladies! I can't imagine what it feels like to say goodbye - but we are "with" you as you do. Belinda C (thailand)
Pam said…
Oh, Wendy.... my heart is with you. My own days of walking through this same ordeal are so close, that I feel one with you in spirit. I am remembering too your Half Marathon on May 1st.... May you run in the memory of Rosie and may each step bring a bit of life back to your soul. May you continue to choose to keep living, even though death is all around you.

Love, Pam

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Rachel Ivy Poppy

Connecting, Locally and Abroad