Tidal Inundation - friends & family in mind


Sweep in like a tidal inundation
seep into the earth, erosion, erode and fill
push in then flow out again
take part of me with you
leave part of you with me

I step into your ocean
I step into your world
strange creatures lurk under
your mysterious waves
dangerous, poisonous

I tremble
all your flotsam and jetsam
swirl around me

I hear your weeping
wind blow through gentle
melodies, violent dissonance

I will gather the moments I have had with you
like colored glass on a beach
let them slide through my fingers

Your waves crash over me
Rush in like an inundating wave
and then recede
tidal water, rushes back
ebbing and rising
here and then gone

Comments

Oceanicthai said…
Many thanks to Todd Wylie, (a real poet,) who gave me great advice on my 2nd draft.

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee