The Last Snake Story



The Grand Finale snake story, anyway, since we did have snakes after this one. This was the most dangerous snake of all, a king cobra. I never in my life thought I'd find one, much less next to my kitchen.
Earlier that morning I had encountered a huge black snake while gardening that scared me to death but turned out to be just a rat snake.
After lunch I heard the dogs bark their "I found a snake" bark, so I went out to investigate. I pulled back a box, heard a hiss, and thought "Oh great, a cobra." I called my Thai friends to come kill it. Then I saw it. It was huge. I thought how strange it was that a python was hissing, didn't think they hissed. So I called another Thai friend, Tanom, who is a hunter and wouldn't be afraid of a big snake.
The 2 men killed it and it was a king cobra. I hope I never have to find another one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee