Bizarre Foods...Coming Here?

I've been corresponding via e-mail with one of the coordinators from the Bizarre Foods program on t.v. and it looks like we've got a date for them to come see our Thai partners cook up some unusual delicacies...red ant larvae soup, minced garden lizard, fried bugs, and whatever else they can find out here. Maybe some monitor lizard or snake. Oh yeah, pig's intestines with undigested food. Our Thai partners are excited, they will be cooking everything up right at Dean's Center. I think it is hilarious and I hope everyone has a great time.
Click the title to go to the show's web page on the Discovery channel. I think we've seen it once or twice while we've been in the U.S.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I vote for laap made with water buffalo afterbirth. :-) -- Irene
Oceanicthai said…
YUCK!!! That is so disgusting! Did you try some, Irene?
Anonymous said…
Yes, we were treated to that on one of our visits to Baan Piet before we decided to work with the Bruu. Our daughter Heather who was in college and visiting from the US even got in on it. Even Michael ate more than I did. The flavor was fine--nice spicy laap--but the chewiness got to me.

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee