Another wild Christmas party...please no more...!


Saturday we did the party at the Nam Chem church we help out in, Wednesday we brought a group of 5 Baang Sak kids to the party at the Pak Ping church in Bang Niang. Thursday we picked up my dad from the airport after grocery shopping in Phuket. Friday we took the Southern Thailand Orphanage kids and the couple who runs it out to dinner then another church Christmas party at the provincial center of Phang Nga. My dad wanted to do something special for the orphans, so this is what we did. I think they had a lot of fun, and it was special for them. We also wrapped up presents for all 16 kids that went. The littlest ones stayed behind with the other orphanage staff. We got back at 10:00p.m. and I was amazed at what a trouper my dad was, considering jet lag.
Today we had a Thai-style "beginning construction" ceremony, but done in both English and Thai, and of course as Christians, not as Theravada Buddihists would do, meaning we did not invite spirits to come dwell in the structure. Ken gave a brief message of dedication in Thai. Today he has been frantically trying to get ready for his Thai sermon tomorrow. We have been in high-gear lately, but my dad has been such a good sport about it all.
I will be doing Sunday School tomorrow as usual now that Christmas is over. I wish Luy, the Thai local leader of another orphanage called Nok Kamin, would take over for me, but I don't want to pressure him to do something he doesn't want to do. I do enjoy the kids, and it is a great opportunity to teach them the Bible chronologically from Creation to Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee