The men (and one girl) bake cookies

We had Dean & his crew of volunteers and helpers over Wednesday evening, I made them pork roast, mashed potatoes, spaghetti, & Marcus brought over a big bowl of mac&cheese (his very favorite.) After dinner I said, "I have all the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies! You feel like making them...please??" :) :) After a bit they chased me out of the kitchen so I wouldn't worry about the ruckus they were causing, (or should I say the mess they were making.) It was fun.
So Dean, Brian, Marcus, and Puum (she is Dean's helper) made cookies. Mostly Dean made them, and we all helped eat them. It was a fun time together, and between batches of cookies we prayed together for the work here. I'd like to get more people here for our weekly dinners, more of the neighbors and more of our Thai friends. Yesterday Ton, a young man trying his best to live and pastor a tsunami-church on $100 a month, came over for dinner. I'm hoping he and his friends will come over next week. We need to encourage and pray for each other, and the work here, then we will see tremendous things happen. Ton has been our friend since when we got here to Southern Thailand last year. We worry about him, he lives by himself and has a heavy burden of responsibility to pastor this church. He is in his 20's. We know he is tired and wants a break, yet he is also concerned about the believers and seekers under his care. He brought us a Christmas present he made himself. (I peeked and it looks like Batik cloth, very pretty.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee