The Future Center Here In Bang Sak, Southern Thailand

We went out today to the houses built by the foundation Dean worked with and passed out Christmas cards and brochures about the center that is going to be built in the next several months. It was a great opportunity to meet the people of Baang Sak, this village, and see the houses Mercy Foundation built. I think they must be the nicest of all the foundation houses built here. I encouraged all the local Thai kids to come learn English at the center once it is built. The parents want them to learn both English and computers so they can get a good job someday. It is a good opportunity for their future, especially with all the resorts that are opening up around this area.
I am wishing and praying for someone to come help me homeschool the kids, or that an international school will open up near here. There is so much more I want to be involved in, but my first priority is my family, and I can't shirk on my kid's education. I have been gaining proficiency in Thai and I can do more than ever before, but I am not an energizer-bunny type super-person, so I can't do it all. I wish I were!
Thanom & Khrua, a couple from Isaan, Eastern Thailand, plan to live at the center and run a daycare center to be a contributing part of the community, generate money to live on, and as a bridge to be in people's lives. Kennedy and I plan to head up the English program, and we are still praying about the person to do computers, another to do guitar, and the coffeeshop/art gallery. (We have the perfect location for the coffeeshop/art gallery, of course, the Karaoke bar across the street!) 2 nights ago we saw a G'Thuy, a lady-boy, (transvestite) in a tiny white mini-skirt and giant white platform boots. Unbelievable.
Lately we have been getting to the point of going to bed before it quits and just kind of drifting in and out of sleep until they close up (1a.m.)
Life is so bizarre here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, Wan Dee. I may Pastor in the states from Atlanta Georgia. I was in Thailand about a month ago working with a medical missions team. I can see what you enjoy about your country. It's very beautiful there. Keep in touch with me here I love to hear how your work is going. Pastor Curt
Oceanicthai said…
Thank you, Pastor Curt, for your encouraging e-mail. I have tried to post all the current happenings.

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee