Pumpkin Pie..Thai style

Sort of...it is American pumpkin pie, but I use Thai pumpkins instead of a can or an American pumpkin, you know, Jack-O-Lantern type pumpkins. Thai pumpkins are a splotchy dark green, with yellow and orange blended in here and there. They are very hard, and when I cut it open I use a big cleaver and hope I won't lose any fingers. Then I slice it, take the seeds out, brush with butter and bake it for an hour or so. I add the usual other ingredients, can of condensed milk, 3/4 cup sugar, spices, 1 Tbl oil, 2 eggs. I toss it all in the blender and blend until the big chunks are little chunks...then pour into my delicious homemade pie crust.
Ahhh...this has got to be some of the best pumpkin pie in the world...right here in Southeast Asia. Just ask my kids! (Not that they've had any other.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Whose idea was this anyway?