Sour Cream & Lemon Zest cutouts, Gingerbread men, Scotcharoos, Huge Globs of Icing

Wednesday was the cookie marathon, and thankfully I had some help. Ning, Khrua, Kory & Trevor came to help; so we all donned aprons & baked, mixed, spooned, iced & sampled. We made 2 double batches of Sour-Cream Lemon Zest cookies & gingerbread cut them into Christmas trees, angels, gingerbread men, reindeer, stars, and then decorated them with 5 different colors of frosting Kory mixed up & colored. We made 2 big pans of Rice Krispy Scotcharoos with P.B., and drizzled melted chocolate on top. Total, we baked around, I don't know, 300 cookies & bars. My arms ached, so did my legs, and when I stuck my tongue out, I happened to taste my face and it tasted like sugar, powdered sugar. I found cookie dough in my hair. Khrua fell asleep on the floor after lunch. Ning was my tireless cookie warrior, (and my tireless cookie taster.) I didn't begrudge her a single bite, she worked really hard.
Tomorrow starts the party marathon. Our 1st one is at 5 p.m. for my 26 English students here at the house. The 2nd one is at 7 p.m. for our Friday night cell group, at our house. 3rd party is Sunday after church for the church kids, at our house again. The fourth is a huge one, hundreds of people will be there, thankfully it is being held elsewhere! We just have to bring cookies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Whose idea was this anyway?