Crash! Bang! Screeeeech!!!

Here in Thailand, whenever you hear that sound you are supposed to run outside and see if your help is needed. Heaven help you if you "mind your own business."
Yesterday we heard it so we ran outside to see if our help was needed.
I saw: a man lying prone and unmoving on the road, motorcycle parts scattered all over the place, blood trickling from his bare foot. Flip-flops nearby, a bag of food by some shattered light parts.
I did: Yelled for Kennedy's help (my usual when I'm trouble) grabbed the garbage can to put a warning in the road so the man wouldn't get run over, and went to see how bad he was.
Kennedy did: Called Tanom to come and help.
Tanom did: Drove over to help.
But someone must have called the police and the police called an ambulance, and for the first time, I saw a really speedy and well-orchestrated road-rescue in Thailand.
I was really impressed!
Good job, Southern Thailand!
(In Eastern Thailand we were the medics and our truck was the ambulance.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's great to hear that sometimes the emergency system actually works! :-)

Irene

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee