Doused with Cat Urine




We have 2 female cats, Euphrates and Tigris, Siamese and Siamese/Balinese.
Several weeks ago we discovered a feral cat skulking around our house here, probably looking for food. Several nights since we've been awoken in the middle of the night by our domesticated, docile cats fighting off this beastly critter. Kennedy says it gives him the creeps. Anyway, it started eating the catfood off the porch so we moved the food to our bathroom inside.
A few nights ago we woke up to cats fighting in the house, and then on our bed, on top of us. I woke up from the screeching to feel a very warm, heavy sensation on me. It came through and got my nightgown wet, and I realized, to my horror and disgust, the cat peed on me! Euphrates, (our female cat) had been so frightened she just let out what must have been a full bladder right on top of me in bed. Yuck. I told Kennedy and we both got up to inspect the damage. Not only was the cover on my side soaked, and all our sheets (& my nightgown)wet, but there was urine all over the floor, too. I got a towel and wiped up the whole floor. The next day we found more, splattered around and in a puddle in the next room. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 cats let loose.
We figured the feral cat snuck in and then made his exit out the open window by Poppy's bed, because she told us a cat had jumped on her on its way out, and we saw the screen was pushed open.
Bad cat!

Comments

Anonymous said…
OK that's really disgusting! At least no one got bitten.

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Confronting Gee