A Feast At The Southern Thailand Orphanage

The Manteca team is going to the orphanage tonight for dinner, as they arranged during their visit Monday. Today Samruam called to make sure I was going. I told him my Dad & I were going to stay home, because the truck would be too packed if we went. He said he wanted us to go, and he'd come pick us up if need be. So we are all going to go. There will be about 44 or so people they are planning on having tonight, so it will be pretty big. Samruam told me the cost will be about 4,000 Baht, or about $111 or so. I will tell the Manteca team tonight because they said they wanted to cover it. It will be special for everyone, I think. The Manteca team also has a craft project they have prepared to do with the children, so that should be fun, too.
On Monday the Manteca team ladies bought a bunch of their skirts and baskets, so Samruam & Guy were really happy about that. I wouldn't mind buying another cotton skirt, they are really comfortable and "polite" because they are past my knees, won't flop open, and the material is thick so I don't have to wear a hated slip. (Slips are misery in tropical weather.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Santa's birthday, right?