Christmas in the tropics

Our tree is prettier this year than any other year. We sprayed some fake snow on its plastic branches, hung up the new plastic ornaments we bought yesterday. When it was done, it made me feel kind of sad and definitely homesick. I wonder why they don't have glass ornaments here? The plastic ones are very pretty, for being plastic; it must simply be the economy. I remember 6 years ago buying this tree and a bag of rather homely ornaments.
Today I am thinking of America's beautiful cities, towns, and the lavish, gorgeous Christmas displays. My own hometown is a poetically lovely, a preserved Victorian treasure, especially lovely at Christmas time.
I am glad to be here, I love it here, but I still feel homesick sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swine Flu Amulet, anyone?

Santa's birthday, right?